Thanks for the link, Drumdoc [btw, dig the quote about groove/sneeze!] LOL
Printable View
Thanks for the link, Drumdoc [btw, dig the quote about groove/sneeze!] LOL
I've heard of this fusion ensemble before, but never checked it out until now. Thanks a lot.
I used to love Greg Howe (the guitar dude with DC), whos more a shredder type guitarist, but with a knack for catchiness and all around tasty playing. (Guess his pop gigs helped him "mature" his sound)
Anyway, back to DC. The first minute or so of his solo is really good. Better than almost any solo i remember of him anyway. Then, its off in familiar solo territory for him (wicked singles of course), some playfulness with the others over that vamp at the end.
Good stuff
Oh and if thats you that ripped this extract from the dvd, I'd very much like if you could give me a quick rundown as to how you proceded to achieve this (DVD-->Good quality mpeg file).
I've tried to extract 4-5 minutes extracts from DVD's (Wicked JBaron's solo from Masada appearance at Warsaw Summer Days 99), but unfortunatly came up with out of sync avi and general mess.
I really want to get that Baron vid and a Tony one to you guys.
Very cool solo, thanks!
This is for the DVD to file question. In short:
What i do for "cut" a piece of a dvd is this:
use Flaskmpeg program (it?s free). You select the start and end points. You select if you want to make the file as .avi or mpeg.
Before this, you have to have some codecs pack to compress the file at the quality you want.
the program: http://www.flaskmpeg.net/
the codecs: http://www.divx-digest.com/software/tsunami_pack.html
Well, it works fine for me
I hope this helps.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 06, 2005 06:43 PM: Message edited by: Juan Expo ]</font>
Ufff...I have just seen the video.
Incredible solo.Awful chewing gum habit.
Thanks for the video.
Thanks for the clip.
Must agree about the first part of the solo being musical, but the last part with the off-the-beat thing - well, funny, when possible, but there isn't much musical statement there. Also he doesn't nail the last part of the guitar/bass vamp, which you should do, when going of like that.
But DC have done his homework regarding technique
[img]eek.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There are no rules when soloing. DC can play whatever he wants. I saw Jack Dejohnette trade 4's and 8's with Peacock and Abercrombie. He was adding one or two quater notes at the end occasionally. Not following the technical way of playing exactly 4 or 8 bars, but nonetheless musical and great.Quote:
Originally posted by Baarts:
Thanks for the clip.
Must agree about the first part of the solo being musical, but the last part with the off-the-beat thing - well, funny, when possible, but there isn't much musical statement there. Also he doesn't nail the last part of the guitar/bass vamp, which you should do, when going of like that.
But DC have done his homework regarding technique
[img]eek.gif[/img]
You don't have to hit all the hits---there are things called counterpoint etc...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOLQuote:
Ufff...I have just seen the video.
Incredible solo.Awful chewing gum habit.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hear ya, broeski.Quote:
he doesn't nail the last part of the guitar/bass vamp, which you should do, when going of like that
But I'm sure he could've if he wished to, off the cuff. [img]wink.gif[/img] He's simply "in the moment," going for it. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Good points, Flam T. There's no question in my mind, having heard much of his fiercest stuff, that Dennis knows his form[s], hence, his "shtuff." He can play whatever he wants. He is fully capable AWA often does nail most if not all of the comp "hits" anyway. [img]cool.gif[/img]
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 07, 2005 03:28 PM: Message edited by: got_a_match_grip? ]</font>
Nev...man, SICK SICK SICK.
This one is definitely a keeper. Any video that cracks me up deserves to be saved my hard drive [img]tongue.gif[/img]
By the way, what kinda stuff have you been working on lately? Last time I saw a video you were doing some lrrlrrlrrlr ostinato stuff w/ your feet.
Just curious,
-Will
myspace.com/omniband
check out "Why You"